This is my grandfather. His name is Richard Parker (he's Papaw to me, it looks funny to write out his actual name) and he left his house in Aquilla, TX (by Lake Whitney) and has been missing since Saturday evening. He has a lot of trouble remembering things and gets confused very easily (probably the early stages of Alzheimer's) and we don't know that he could find his way back if he wanted to. He is diabetic and has high blood pressure so the longer he is gone, the more medically compromised he is as well.
This is the description that is going out from the authorities...
He was driving a 2004 Dodge extended cab short bed pick up truck with a bed cover with a Texas License Plate number 60V-NX2.
Parker is 6-feet, 2-inches tall and weights around 210 pounds. He was last seen wearing a short sleeve plaid shirt, dark colored blue jeans with tennis shoes and metal framed glasses.
He grew up in Ft. Worth and lived there for most of his life so there's a chance he could have traveled back to a familiar place like that and I know a lot of people who read this are from around there. At this point, it couldn't hurt to have his picture and description in one more place so this is my shot in the dark.
BUT, even in you live far off, please pray! Pray that he is safe and remains safe; pray that we find him soon; pray for my Nanny, my mom and her siblings for strength and wisdom and peace while the search continues.
Thank you.


7 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about this. We will definitely be praying for his safe return.
my heart cried for you today, i know the feeling of a loved one being lost. praying that he will be found soon and safe.
Oh, Maurine! What a scary time this must be! Praying that he will be found soon!
Maurine,
I don't know think we've ever met, but I went to ACU and had many classes with Jaymie. I've followed your blog for awhile now. On my way to work this morning, I saw the alert on the highway about your grandfather. I used to live near Aquilla and now live in Fort Worth. I will keep my eyes open and will be praying for your family until your grandfather makes a safe return.
Carissa Spatz
Mo-
You are all in our prayers. Hang in there babe!
My prayers will be with you and your family. Take care.
Thank you, Amber, that Mo is blogging again!
Prayers are being said for the safety of your grandpa.
I can't imagine how horrible that must be for your entire family.
Post a Comment