So, back to my original statement... I finally did it. I'm on the National Marrow Donor List and I've finally donated my hair to Locks of Love. I wanted to post about it because I wanted to encourage some of you to do the same. I realize the Locks of Love is not for everyone... it took me over 2 years to finish that goal. BUT, registering with the Donor List IS for almost everyone. It is SO easy and every person counts when it is someone you love in need of a donor. So take a few minutes and visit www.marrow.org. You don't even have to go to a blood center, everything is done online and through the mail. They send you a packet and all you have to do is swab the inside of your cheek a few times and mail it back. It seems like very little effort for something that could potentially save a life. Please comment and let me know if you decide to register. I would love to know!
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You are an angel......
Love you guys so much.
Hey Mo, I too am on the bone marrow donor list. It is something that can potentially save a life and I'm all FOR THAT!
-Terri Lee
Okay, I toyed with the idea of growing my hair out with Locks for Love in mind, but I broke down this week and went short again. Now, after reading this post, I do feel a little more self-centered. Seriously, this is a post that encourages everybody to do something they've meant to! Y'all take care!
I love it! What a special blog...thanks for almost making me cry. It will be so good to see Julie again someday. Your hair looks great. I love you and miss you.
Oh, Maurine...so sweet! This is what I love the most about you. You are totally selfless and care so much about others. Another girlfriend of mine is currently growing her hair for Locks of Love as well. I'll have to check out the bone marrow site and let you know. Your hair looks beautiful both long and short. Love you!
I had noticed what I thought was a shorter do in pix from Labor Day that your sis-in-laws had posted, and thought the deed had been done. It looks great and what a wonderful and loving tribute!
Love you!
You are awesome. Thanks for making people aware of how easy it is to get on the bone marrow donor list.
Wow, what a great post, Maurine. Cancer is definitely not a respecter of persons. I'm very sorry you lost your friend but you are so great for honoring her; your hair looks wonderful by the way! I lost my fiance to a malignant brain tumor and my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. I'm certainly going to check out the bone marrow site. Thanks for sharing...
Post a Comment