As most of you know by now my sister Jaymie delivered her twins Monday...slightly ahead of schedule (only 25 weeks). Doctors were unable to stop her labor and around midnight on Sunday things had progressed to the point that she had to have them. While there have been some scary moments, the babies have done well. A blog has been set up to keep everyone informed of their progress since they are expected to be at the hospital for a while. The address is http://www.thephillipsphamily.blogspot.com/. Everyone is encouraged to use this as a way to keep up with their progress so that phone time is kept reasonably low. Also, we ask for your prayers... Prayers of healing, comfort and peace. Certainly times like this cause you to be thankful but they also reveal powerful things. Maybe its that we don't typically stop to think or maybe its because in critical moments we only have room for what is important but I have certainly come to understand some things on a greater level in the past few days, that God is powerful, in control, and all-knowing. A lesson I have learned before but not like Saturday night. That Maurine and Avery are precious and shouldn't be taken for granted. That a brother-in-law like Kory provides immeasurable security for an older brother. That my sister is the toughest girl I know. While genetics may lead me to be an emotional vacuum at times, watching my little sister the past few days has shattered any attempt at suppression of feelings I might have otherwise accomplished. Proud is too weak of a description. She is currently my hero. While it doesn't exempt her from future taunting and harassment, I will carry a respect for her that is rivaled by few.
Here is my favorite nephew Kanyon Phillips
Here is my favorite nephew Kanyon Phillips

and his pretty little sister Jayde


The proud parents and me

8 comments:
Oh Clay why did you have to go make me cry! I was doing good for all of 5 minutes and even though we have 1/2 of the same genetics-I must have gotten your dose of tears. I am so proud that you are all there together-I wish I could drop everything and drive like crazy to Longview but that is not an option so I am keeping the carpet company as I kneel and pray, pray, pray for Jayde, Kanyon, Kory and Jaymie. God is good-He is ever present-He is faithful. Continue to do what big brothers do best during times like these; love and support the little sis without letting all the attention go to her head.
We love you guys!
Susan
AMEN! Once I realized this was Clay typing, the tears started and haven't stopped. SO sweet! The strength comes from God and so many people will learn that from your sister! She is amazing, and always has been! And...so are you!
Love you all!
Paige
I guess we are just an emotional bunch. I have also been crying and even more when I read those precious words from a brother about his sister. We are praying. I am so glad that God is on our side.
Jaymie is going to appreciate seeing those precious words you wrote about her, Clay. We're all here to be strong for you and your family, so let us know what you need us to do or just lean on us. We love yall so much!
She is one lucky little sister, Clay... and little sisters get tough by having had to live with older brothers! :) Seriously, reading your words also made me sit and cry... for like the 30th time today. We are praying like crazy night and day for those precious babies. And you are right, those lessons we learn are priceless. May the God of all comfort surround Jaymie, Kory, the twins, and your entire family here at this very moment and in the journey to come. Know that you all are loved so very much.
-Jodi
Jaymie is so lucky to have older brothers who love her so. She is an amazing woman. I know that even in these tough times, she is blessing the lives of so many people. We are praying continually for her, Kory, and Kanyon, as well as the rest of the Spencer/Phillips family.
We love you!
A brother can be a blessing and a hero and a rock, no matter what stage of life or age, and words like yours Jaymie will treasure as very precious. Shad and I are praying for y'all, all of you, and especially Kanyon. Y'all are a special family!
Wow! What a family! We're so thankful that we share the same God as you do. -- That we can pray to him and know that he hears our prayers and even moans we can't get out as words. -- That the faith we share lets us know our maker is in control and always has been. That we have much to be thankful for and to rejoice about. We love yall! --Jorge (Pedro) and Amy
Post a Comment