Thursday, May 05, 2011

Farm Fun

We got to spend Easter weekend at my parents' farm and, although Easter itself was fun, there is something that is SO wonderful about watching my girls roam outside, perfectly content to throw rocks and dig in the dirt.

Here are the girls VERY proud of their father's success the first morning.  We ended up having to keep lots of feathers for a project the girls said they were planning... really, they just wanted to carry them around everywhere.

Little Lucille's morning stares  :)

The girls have been loving their cowgirl hats lately so we took them to the farm to see if we could get some pictures.  And, yes, that's a turkey feather in the hat.

This is the face I get (looks accidental, but very intentional) when I asked for a smile.

I can prove the face is intentional because this is the face that immediately appeared when I offered a 4-wheeler ride in exchange for a smile.  Punk.







Ha!  Clay said Mallory looked like an old-time sheriff with a slightly too small hat sitting up on the top of her head.

Playing in the creek


On the hunt for minnows and water striders

Cooking hot dogs

A tornado hit the farm the very next day and while it did minimal damage to the house (some blown out windows, etc.), it was strong enough to completely uproot a big pecan tree in the front yard.  My parents were there and waited it out in a storm cellar.  We are very grateful for their safety.  

2 comments:

Ramey and Stephanie said...

The cowgirls hats are awesome! I love that your girls LOVE to be outside! Beautiful family!

Amber said...

I love love loooove these pictures. three beautiful girls!