So since I'm on a roll and tend to ebb and flow in my posting frequency, I'm going to go ahead shock you with more pictures of some recent fun. This winter has been surprisingly easy on me (I have historically gotten a little stir crazy). Between the fun snow play, the short bouts of nicer sunny weather and having two girls at some wonderfully fun ages (not to knock Mallory, but there is just so much engaging interaction you can have with a 7 month old), we have had a great time together lately!
Avery and Landry have taken a keen interest in cooking. I hope it continues because, from personal experience, it's really no fun to try to force yourself into loving cooking. Landry is the official "dumper & stirrer" meaning she dumps contents of cans into bowls for me and stirs them up (yes, it does get all over the place, but it's pretty cute). Avery is a legitimate help. She can crack eggs without supervision better than most adults, flip pancakes (I LOVE breakfast for supper!), wash pots and pans and set the table quite nicely. I love listening to her inform me of her reasoning each night for the shape she chooses to fold the napkins in (apparently there is a lot that goes in to choosing between triangular or rectangular shaped paper napkins). I wish you could see her little apron better here. It is SO cute! My friend Katie custom made it for her with her initial on the front pocket. You should check her out here at her Etsy shop.
How many times a day did they go outside in those boots to get snowballs to eat?
Clay loves this picture. He says she looks like a natural snowboarder. I know she has the attitude for it. :)
Sweet Lu chunking a snowball right at the camera. She thought it was hilarious.
Avery chunking a snowball at her Daddy. What you need to know about Avery and Landry is that they are very loyal to opposite parents. Avery would NEVER throw a snowball at her sweet mama, but daddy better beware. Landry, on the other hand, has zero allegiance to me and will protect her father at all costs. I guess Mallory will be the tie-breaker. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
No, we do not make snowmen at this house... Poor Clay can't even find a pretend male friend. Here is our snowgirl. She has some awesome hair. Landry insisted on the camellia flower for a bow.
Daddy turns into a horse pretty regularly around here. I feel like those little heels would hurt digging into my calf muscles.
I came in the kitchen to clean up after their snack time and found this on the table. Avery had formed the letters of her and Landry's names in pretzel sticks. It was really cute to me. Had to share.
And another random Valentine pic. Clay left these ridiculously large balloons out for the girls with little letters for each of them telling them things he loved about them. You should have watched their faces as I read their letters. I wish I had it on video.
So I kind of ignored Mallory in this post. Maybe I'll do one of just her next.











1 comment:
AWESOME!!!!!
Post a Comment