Nope. No baby yet. Last week we welcomed Belle the guinea pig to our family... At least I think that's her name. Avery is a little fickle about what we are going to call her. As you can see from the looks on our girls faces, they LOVE animals and were pretty excited to get their very own pet. This is really a stall tactic on our part so that we can put off getting a puppy until the next member of the family (the human one) isn't a high-maintenance newborn anymore. That was by my request. I just wasn't really excited about a puppy and baby coming all at one time. I mean, how much work can a guinea pig really be?
Summer days have officially hit here. I don't know how hot everyone else is, but I'm sweating enough to qualify these days as summer days. We've been in the pool a couple of times already and I got a couple of cute pictures to share.
Picnic lunch
Avery has been taking gymnastics for almost a year now. It's been a wonderful experience for her. She gets to make new friends and learn to interact with them all on her own. It is also wonderful for me to see her listening to and following directions from her teacher. Today was the end of the semester and they got to show off their skills to the parents.
Avery's backbend... she did it all by herself!
Showing off her "routine" on the trampoline
Showing off her pike jump
Chatting with Landry and her friend Gabby after class. They are sooooo big.














5 comments:
It's definitely hot enough to be called summer! Cute pictures...your girls aren't so little anymore :)
Looking forward to meeting Belle. See you soon!
So cute! Looks like you guys are really having fun. I love the picnic lunch. BTW weird question what ever happened with your blog idea. The one where you were going to do a little more inspirational type things? I was just curious. Maybe we could do something together. More on the parenting front. There seems to be a HUGE need. Lots of women looking for ideas, or just some encourgement. Could be fun to have a blog full of Godly advice even if its just from our own expierences as young moms. What do you think?
Loved the post and the gymnastics pics...looks like she is doing well!
Good luck with Belle...those little critters can make a pretty stinky mess unless you stay on top of the cage cleaning, and they will bite tiny fingers...but not as bad as hamsters and rats...we've had em all!
Good luck beating the heat during the last days of your pregnancy...hope all goes well...love you guys!
ooooo, I miss you guys!!!! So, reading your post made me cry...does that make me a little weird!? Let's talk soon.
Post a Comment