Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stubborn Girl

This is really for the grandparents out there (read: "Boring and long for anyone else").  Landry is 12 months and has only taken one step by herself... until yesterday.  I was convinced that she didn't have good balance at all yet and that it would be a while until she attempted walking for real.  She once again proved to me that her lack of attempts at things had nothing to do with ability and everything to do with... well, just plain stubbornness.  By the way, there was no coercing here.  I just looked up and this is what she was doing.

7 comments:

Nana/Neeno Mac said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing those precious first steps with us!

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

How Exciting! She is getting so big! I am way impressed you had your camera handy to capture this!

*Kendra* said...

How fun! Cassidee walked over and said, "Momma, look at that little girl go!" (I tried to convince Cassidee that she knew Landry, but she wasn't buying it. Guess yall have to come visit....)

Life as a Spencer! said...

So cute! I love how she kept after it! Thanks for sharing!

jaymie said...

oh man i can't belive this. i love watching her try to keep her wabbly balance. She's so cute. and i think she kinda looks like me as a baby.......I loved prissy avery scurrying by too.

martha crockett said...

What a precious gift to have captured your baby's first real walking! That's priceless.
Aren't drainage ditches the best?
Thanks for updating!!!!

Sue H. said...

That is amazing...funny what makes you get weepy. That is such a priceless momento...thanks! Your voice saying, "good girl" sounds so much like your mom!