~
Chit-chatting on the porch
The wagon got stuck in the mud and Tyler was a complete gentleman and let Avery stay inside while he pushed.
Our backyard is great for little outdoor explorers!... especially if their moms don't mind if they get a little dirty. We have a small creekbed that runs right through the middle of our backyard and its the perfect size to play in after it rains.
Avery and Tyler spent the majority of their time in the creek getting more water and food for the baby snapping turtle we found. Avery also thought it was nice to add some flowers in the bowl we kept it in.
A consistent love in Avery's life is driving. She thinks its great when Daddy drives her around on the lawn mower. She has recently though started ordering him out of the seat so that she can sit there and "drive" by herself.
Avery also loves socks and shoes. She is forever putting on our shoes and, in this picture, had talked her Daddy into removing his socks and letting her wear them. I love this picture!
I know I've posted bubble pictures before, but I had to show you Avery's new talent. When we get the bubbles out now, she insists on blowing them herself. She always gets the bubble wand a little too close and ends up with solution all in her mouth. She has found though that this works just as well because then you can blow bubbles straight from your mouth without the middle man wand.
Avery is looking pretty tough here. She thinks she's so cool.
Why does she think shes so cool? Take a close look...
Here's a closer look for you. I mean, painted toe nails are soooo big girl!
I need to take a moment to brag on my husband. I don't really blog about things like this much, but Clay deserves a little recognition. I am not really the flowers and jewelry type girl, which means on Valentine's Day or Mothers' Day or our anniversary there's not really an easy "go to" gift that he can get me. Flowers die, I lose jewelry (and get nervous if I ever wear nice jewelry... my wedding and engagement rings are the only real diamonds I want to own right now), I don't really care if my fingernails and toenails are cute so manicures and pedicures are out. Clay is wonderful though and definitely listens to me through the year. For Valentine's Day he bought me a bird feeder... for my birthday, a picnic table... for our anniversary, took me hiking... for this past Mothers' Day, got me a screen door to go out to our back porch so I can let fresh air in without the bugs! I guess he took the outdoors theme and ran with it... wonderful idea! Anyways, I wanted y'all to see some of the things I get to enjoy with gifts he's given. Here's my birdfeeder, the goldfinch love it... so do the squirrels!
I took this from our picnic table. Two whistling ducks and two Canadian geese. Just a few nights ago two pair of geese brought all of their goslings to our peninsula... what a sweet thing to get to watch.
Not technically a gift, but Clay is also building us a little fence to keep the kids away from the pond... I guess it could be considered a gift to me, his mom and my mom.
I thought this was pretty cool too... Clay looked out the kitchen window and saw baby bluebirds on one of our birdhouses. We waited long enough and sure enough the daddy came to feed them. You can see the back end of the junebug in going in the baby's mouth.
And now on to the newest member of the Spencer family... little Landry Lucille. Landry's newest news is her receding hair line. No, she's not just losing her hair... she's got male pattern baldness. Take a look. Nice, huh?
She's still the prettiest little thing we've seen though! :) I'm not usually a headband and big bow girl, but it sure does cover up the balding pattern nicely for now.
Bonnets do well too!
These pictures were from her 1st month pictures. I have some cute ones, but this one was my favorite!
She has been a wonderful baby so far. We have been so blessed!
The wagon got stuck in the mud and Tyler was a complete gentleman and let Avery stay inside while he pushed.
Our backyard is great for little outdoor explorers!... especially if their moms don't mind if they get a little dirty. We have a small creekbed that runs right through the middle of our backyard and its the perfect size to play in after it rains.
Avery and Tyler spent the majority of their time in the creek getting more water and food for the baby snapping turtle we found. Avery also thought it was nice to add some flowers in the bowl we kept it in.
A consistent love in Avery's life is driving. She thinks its great when Daddy drives her around on the lawn mower. She has recently though started ordering him out of the seat so that she can sit there and "drive" by herself.
I took this from our picnic table. Two whistling ducks and two Canadian geese. Just a few nights ago two pair of geese brought all of their goslings to our peninsula... what a sweet thing to get to watch.
Not technically a gift, but Clay is also building us a little fence to keep the kids away from the pond... I guess it could be considered a gift to me, his mom and my mom.
And now on to the newest member of the Spencer family... little Landry Lucille. Landry's newest news is her receding hair line. No, she's not just losing her hair... she's got male pattern baldness. Take a look. Nice, huh?
6 comments:
Maurine,
Your pictures of the girls are too cute! I love the one of Avery in Clay's socks! The outdoor pictures are cute as well! Landry is growing so fast! Hope y'all are having a great week!
Your baby is soooo precious! Great pictures!
Avery is such a character! Just like her mommy. Give your girls a kiss!
I love the pictures of Tyler and Avery! Very fun! Thanks for sharing all those great pictures. Your girls are so sweet!
of course i love the post. avery is turning into clay right before our eyes...and she used to look so much like you! i think landry looks like a little Parker (not quite as round yet) in that first picture with the pink bow. kiss them both for me.
It was so good to actually get a chance to chat with you on Saturday. I now feel I can read officially read you blog, instead of what I was doing - sneaking a peek without getting caught :-)
I can't believe how much like Clay she looks! It's even more amazing how both Avery and Roselyn look so much like their dads but so different from each other.I love the picture of Avery under the caption of getting food and flowers for the turtle. It just looks like she's a little person (versus a baby / toddler). I can see you having that picture next to a 15 yr old Avery in the same pose.
Post a Comment