Friday, April 18, 2008

We're home!

Well, we are at home and settling in with our new family of four! It has been challenging at times already, but I am loving every minute of it. I have to admit it seems unreal that we have two little girls! I love the fact that they are so close in age and will share so much.
I loved my experience at the hospital! The nurses were wonderful, which was good since Landry wanted out fast and the nurses ended up delivering her. Clay was an incredible support through the whole labor. AND, icing on the cake, my sister Tara and my mother-in-law Gay got to be there with us during the delivery. The only thing I wish I could change was for my mom to be there too, but speed was the name of the game here and my parents just missed it after a 3 hour drive from their farm. Don't worry mom, we'll have more! Here we are right after Landry's delivery (Avery was at home sleeping... it was 2:30 in the morning).I'm not sure Clay ever thought he would have 2 little girls back to back. It doesn't seem to matter much by the look of this picture.Here is Avery checking her new little sister out. She really had no clue what was going on.Cousin Kanyon and Aunt P came to visit too! Kanyon was definitely showing off all his tricks for his new cousin while he was there. Kellan also came to visit us... if you'll notice though, he is much more focused on the boat on TV than on Landry.Already a great little suckler!The 2 grandmothers helped Avery acclimate to Landry when we came home. It has definitely been an adjustment for her. The first full day Avery had with Landry was a little scary... it consisted of multiple temper tantrums, several toys thrown at Landry and I, and a couple of nasty looks that came my way. Thankfully, my mom was there to play interference and remind me that Avery did love me and would eventually love Landry too! :)
I'm glad to say after a few days things are already looking a lot better as you can tell from the look on Avery's face. Here she is the day we brought her home. It is just incredible how God gives you the capacity to love your children so much... no matter how many you have. I love the dark hair, almost black. I think it's very appropriate since Clay's grandmother, Lucille and Landry Lucille's namesake, has dark hair as well.This may be too much for some of you, but I thought it was hilarious when Avery came sauntering up to me and Landry while I was nursing, found my nursing pad and placed it on Landry's head declaring, "Hat!"Here is another great picture of Landry. I have a few more like this that I love, but they're going on the birth announcements so it's no fun posting them here first. And we'll end with a couple random pictures. Avery with Pawpaw and her catch of fish.Parker and Avery enjoying a wagon ride with Nana.I'm going to go take a nap now while both my girls are sleeping, but I have a few videos I need to post so those will come soon.

12 comments:

Cara said...

Mo she is beautiful! I love those little lips. Congratulations!

Got Faith? said...

Oh my gosh, she's beautiful! I bet it IS challenging with two now! I hope you're feeling well; we've been thinking of you. I can't wait to see both of these precious girls hopefully sometime soon!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

We are so excited for y'all. She is beautiful!!! I'm also proud for 'the sisters'...oh, what fun there is to come!

The McCarter Family said...

You will love having your little girls!!! She is so pretty! Enjoyed being at the party with yall tonight!

Katie said...

Love love love both your little girls. And we love you and Clay too! Congratulations and enjoy the fun times!
Katie (and Luke)

Melissa Taylor said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby girl. They are both absolutely adoreable girls.

Anonymous said...

OMG
She is sooo beautifffuuulllll=]
I cant wait to meet her!!!

Anonymous said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats again!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Beautiful pictures! I remember those dangerous days. I bet Clay loves having two little girls! Y'all are sure in our prayers--I know it's tiring, but it sure is fun, huh?

The Blakes said...

Well, I am partial to the two little girl game! She is beautiful and I LOVE her name.

Bunch of Oranges said...

Oh...so nice to see updates on your precious blog! I miss you guys so much! You guys look great and little Landry is adding so muc love already! She is adorable!

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

LOVE the nursing pad pic!!! Looks like you guys are having a great time!