I know, it's shocking and makes you question everything you thought was true! If I posted this week already, you should be able to be certain that it would be at least another month before I posted again. All I can say is weird things happen at the end of a pregnancy and we'll just blame it on that.
I got the rest of my pictures from the Easter egg hunt. Yay! All the Paris cousins came over to help Avery find the hidden eggs. It was a little chilly and past nap time so we kept it short and sweet. We had a great time though.
I got the rest of my pictures from the Easter egg hunt. Yay! All the Paris cousins came over to help Avery find the hidden eggs. It was a little chilly and past nap time so we kept it short and sweet. We had a great time though.
To my surprise, Avery got the hang of hunting pretty well. Notice she wouldn't let me take her new bottle of bubbles out of her basket for the hunt.
After she did her share of hunting she went to one of her favorite spots in the backyard. It's a tiny, circular flowerbed that is lined with wide bricks. She loves to walk around and around the bed on those bricks. I'm not really sure why that's fun, but I'm not going to question her.
Family picture... I wonder if that will be the last one of our family of only 3?
We tried to get the older kids on the bench for a picture. Here are Roselyn and Avery waiting on Kellan to come. I'm not sure Rosie wants Avery holding her hand here.
There was no way all three were going to sit nicely and look at the camera... it's kind of sweet though don't you think? And, as a side note, Avery looks like her Daddy, but she sits like her Mommy did when she was younger. I can't get her to sit normal for anything. I'm pretty sure that gene goes all the way back to my Little Grandma, Avery's great-great grandmother. So, Little Grandma, if you're reading this, this picture is for you! :)
Avery has also had a big week with turtles. I'm not sure what the deal is... I feel like it's a little early for egg-laying, but I keep looking up and seeing turtles busting it from our pond to the edge of the woods in our yard. I, of course, get excited and have to go catch them and let Avery play for a little while. She gets so tickled at them when they move and always wants to pet them. This first one is a red eared slider (I guess that's not really of interest to most people)...
Showing Daddy her catch... we kept it until he got home from work so she could show it off.
This next one is a snapping turtle so no petting was allowed.
Clay did teach Avery how to poke it with a stick though and get it to snap a little at it. You can tell from her face, she was delighted!
I'm sure the turtle appreciated this.
Well, that's all for me for a little while. Hopefully next time you'll see the newest addition to the Spencer family!

8 comments:
What a precious family! I will be excited to hear when your new little one arrives. I will keep you in my prayers for a healthy baby and mama.
You have the sweetest family! Rest up before #2 arrives!
All that blogging is impressive! Great pictures! I enjoyed the video as well.
Avery you are a most impressive turtle trainer! You Go Girl!
Maureen...hope you are feeling well! You know you have lots of us to call on if we can do anything for you!
Love you 3!
Wow! Maurine has become "blogger gone wild". To say that Avery looks like her dad is a total understatement. Great pictures of a sweet girl!
The Easter pictures are sure sweet. The girls' dresses are precious, too. You are sure on my mind these days, as memories of becoming a family of 4, 50% of whom were less than two come to mind. You'll survive, get even stronger arm muscles, and have so much fun! Y'all are in our prayers each day!
I think you've out blogged me AND rachel this week!! I love it!!!!
way cute pictures:)
avery is sooooo adorable!!
Post a Comment