Thursday, August 30, 2007

We're back!

Well, after almost 2 months of having no internet (lightning struck our apartment and fried my connection... no kidding), we are back on track. This is good because I've been in trouble from several different people for not updating the blog. Believe me though, we've been busy. We are settling in to our new house in Paris and Clay is diligently working to get the office up and running. I will be so glad for him when he can relax a little!
Avery is growing like a weed and getting SO fun to be around! Since I've been gone from the blog she started crawling (~8.5 months), took her first step by herself (~9.25 months), and is now trying to get around walking on her own. She can probably go about 6-8 feet before she gets off balance and crashes. :) Enough writing though... on to pictures...
-
This is a pretty old picture, but our good friend Cassi Rash took it and sent it to me just before we moved. I thought it was pretty cute. We didn't want to hurt those little eardrums with all the shotguns blasting.
Avery is developing a love of books. This is one Linda Ford gave her. She just points and babbles like she's reading everything it says.
Our friends at church threw us a going away party and dummy-me, I didn't get a group shot. It was at a park though and Avery had a great time!
Her Daddy loving on her.
After the party we went to Cassidee's house to play.
Avery loved all of Cassidee's toys!
Everyone needs a good bath after an evening at the park. Well, moving day came before we knew it and we were so blessed to have some incredible friends come help us with the move. Here are Brenna and Kendra helping to keep Avery busy while we were loading up.
Here's the male moving crew, sans my Dad, who did more than his fair share of lifting that day! It's a tough looking picture until you see Avery. I have to give all these guys and my parents a huge thanks because we lived on the 3rd floor of the apartment building... no elevator.
Us saying good-bye to #3023!
Avery is loving her new home! She has so much more space to explore and we can go outside anytime we like!
Avery got a pool on our first run to Walmart... I made sure it was big enough for a Mommy too!
Loving outside!
Rosie Jo came over the other day and swam with us. If you look in the back of the picture, you'll see Clay mowing the yard. It doesn't sound fun to some, but it's a nice break from an apartment parking lot for a backyard.
My newest niece, Parker Marie Davidson, was born August 21st. So we had to make a trip to Abilene to see her. She is BEAUTIFUL! This is horrible, but I don't have a good close shot of her. You'll have to wait for it. Kellan and Avery had some good bonding time together while all the adults were doting over the new one. Here they are chilling in front of the TV.
And enjoying a little night swim!
Here are all 3 cousins ready for church Sunday morning. We had a great time and I wish like crazy that John Mark and Tara were a little closer so we could see them more.
Avery looking sweet for her 10 month picture...
... Avery trying to escape from her 10 month picture.
Feeling cool and sporting and after-bath mohawk.
Aunt Nancye gave Avery her very first baby doll and as you can see, she absolutely loves it.
She has learned to give baby kisses and she will rock her baby when I sing "Rock-a-Bye Baby" to them.
That's about caught us up for now. Later.

8 comments:

Pearson Family said...

I am so happy to see an update! I hope things slow down a bit for you guys. I can't wait to see you new house.

tleaf10 said...

Avery has gotten a lot bigger! I'm so glad you're back online :)

Nana/Neeno Mac said...

Thanks for the new pics!

Sue H. said...

Glad to see you are up and running!
Thanks for the new photos and updates.
Avery is so adorable, keep up the good work, and enjoy your new home and life in Reno.

Beck Boys said...

We are so glad to see you back up and running. Love all the pictures and the updates. I hope the move went well and everying is getting in order. Thanks for all the new pictures.

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Sweet updates and sweet pics. I am happy for JM and Tara also! A boy and girl...perfect! Hope that things play into place for you very soon so you and Clint can have some down time for you!

Andrea W. said...

I have stumbled upon your blog and I wanted to say hi. Time has flown by and I guess your life has drastically changed since you were here in San Antonio with us. Your daughter is a doll!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I can tell y'all splurged on the same pool we did, which ended up collapsing before its time. At least it's not the blow-up kind, though. It's sure good to read a new update and see how Miss Avery is growing--she sure is sweet! Y'all take care! Robyn