Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cut me some slack... :)

I know I haven't been great at keeping this blog up lately, but I promise it is for good reason. Clay is furiously trying to finish up his Master's thesis and all the odds and ends of his orthodontic residency. We are getting ready to move in about a month to our new home(!!!!!!!) in Paris while remodeling Clay's new office so he can get in there and start his practice when he graduates. So our month has been full, but very successful and very exciting.
Avery is the highlight of it all though! She has developed her own opinions about things (sometimes cute and sometimes not so cute) is interested in everything and growing like a weed. Here are several of my favorite pictures of the last month.
-
We don't do covers much anymore since Clay walked in and found her like this. She is probably perfectly comfortable, but it makes me nervous. This is our greeting after naps and in the mornings now!... She is usually pointing at us and talking as well.
She loves to eat... a lot.Ha! I couldn't resist... no explanation needed I don't think.
Sweet pictures having fun with Dad!

I know the picture is a little blurry but those bee-stung eyes were to cute.We got to travel down to Bastrop for the Baylor Alumni Meeting a few weeks ago and had a blast at the resort there. Kyle and Shanna came to visit and Kyle gave Avery her first experience on a "horse". I don't think she was impressed... we'll have to work on that.
Floating the Lazy River with Mom and Dad.
Avery and her friend Kelton both won awards at the Alumni meeting. Avery won for Best Bikini and Kelton won for Best Looking Second Year Resident. :)
Avery has also taken an interest in driving. Here she is pleased as can be to man the wheel of PawPaw's new Mule.
Taking the Mule for a spin at night... I love her look here, like she knows she tough.
Avery has also taken up another interest...
Dogs! She will laugh and giggle and kick her feet anytime she sees one now.
Avery and Rosie Jo looking up some information on New England tourism.

And I saved the most exciting for last... Kanyon is finally home. Here are a few shots from his own personal Independence Day on July 4th. I love this! Jaymie looks so proud to finally get to show off little Kanyon. It's been a long time coming.Avery and Roselyn were invited to the party, but kept their distance to keep Kanyon germ-free.
A beautiful family!
All the new Spencer parents!

4 comments:

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Good pictures. I am so excited that Clay is so close to being ready to start his practice. I know that y'all have worked so hard and all of you have put in hours for this school. Way to go!!

Sue H. said...

Glad things are going well-congrats on all the exciting things in your lives-you've both worked hard and deserve great things!! Loved all the pix of Avery-what a doll! Be sure to post the new contact info ;)

*Kendra* said...

Avery, could you get any cuter??? Come over and play with me soon! Love, Cass

Jr. and Christie Cox said...

Maurine, I love the pictures and comments! I think my favorite is the one of Clay kissing Avery- precious! I am soooo excited that Clay is almost finished- that is so great! I am so thankful that you guys are going to be in East Texas- whew-hoo! We will be thinking, and praying for you guys this month! :)