I'm trying my hand at posting a video here. It's of Avery's newest trick.
-
Clay and I are so proud to say that Avery came to us the other day and expressed her desire to set aside some time each day for her Bible reading. We are so impressed that, at such a young age, Avery recognizes the importance of this discipline. Here she is reading 2 Kings with me.
Avery is also beginning to understand how some of her toys work... kind of. She knows that if she hits this one toy long enough, a little animal will pop up and sing her a song. Here she is delighted at herself and the singing frog.
I just had to include this picture because there is something about it that reminds me a lot of my sister, Brenna!... I wonder if Avery got the dancing gene too?!?!?
Avery has been eating rice cereal for a while now and we've been experimenting with mixing other flavors in with it. She loved the applesauce and took to it so easily that after a couple of days we went right to bananas... ummm, not quite as good of an experience. Let's just say they didn't set well at all with her little digestive system and we didn't sleep much that night. Since then I've been a little gun shy, but today Avery decided she was ready to move on. Since she was wearing all green (thanks Aunt Taryn), Avery thought it was only appropriate to have some green sweet peas for lunch... and to eat them with a green spoon. They were a hit!"Oh man I can't wait for those sweeeeeet peas! I'm starving!"
""Look how good my food matches my outfit!"

"Mom, you're going way too slow. Give me the spoon, I can do it."
"Mmm, delicious."
"Mmm, delicious."



10 comments:
Love the new pictures - esp. the eating ones! We haven't tried anything but rice cereal yet, but maybe soon. And I'm impressed that you added a video! I haven't tried that yet. Mostly because I never bother to transfer them to my computer. one day soon...
She is so sweet. And i am so proud of her for reading her bible with you on a daily basis. Never too early to start!
Good job with the video! Love the "green" and especially the last picture with the spoon! Thanks for sharing!
Hey guys! Mark and I just joined the blog world and ran across your page through keeping up with Kory and Jaymie. Your daughter is beautiful! We're so glad you guys are doing well. Hope you don't mind we added you to our page links! It's fun to see what everyone is up to. It seems like forever ago when we saw you down in San Antonio!! Take care!!
Cool Beans or should I say Peas! Glad you figured out how to share a video. Have Clay check out the blog I made just for the broncos at darksidebronco.blogspot.com. It has some pictures of this past weekend a video on it.
Hey Maurine ... Avery is getting so big! Great pictures ... thanks for your kind words... keep praying for us,
-Terri Lee
Soooo cute! Can't wait to squeeze those cheeks again soon!
Hi Maurine,
You probably don't remember us but Ben and I went to Mid-Cities church about 10 years ago when Ben was in med school at Southwestern and I was in nursing school at UTA. It was great to see pics of your family. All of the friends we made there will always be close to my heart because they were all like a home away from home. They were all so wonderful when Ben and I were newly married. My email is lesliedoke@yahoo.com. I would love to email your mom and dad. Would you please tell them "hello". Your family is beautiful and I'm so happy to learn that you are all doing well. In case your wondering, I say your blog and Mark and Meredith Powell's because we are good freinds with them out in Midland.
Blessings,
Ben, Leslie, Callie, and Joel Doke
Seriously - she is the most beautiful and precious child. I wan to squeeze her - but she is so dainty and girly, I think I would hurt her. Love that girl - love ya'll too!
Finally figured out this posting thing! Doesn't that sound grandma-ee!
I enjoy everything you post!
Post a Comment